writing about writing
While I was cleaning up my website a few years ago, I was surprised to discover I’ve actually written a lot about writing. Man, I thought I would always avoid that writerly trope! Apparently not.
If you want to read my writing about writing, here you go. After you’re done, write and explain to me why on earth you even came to this page.
- Writing Teachers (my ugly and beautiful education)
- Falling in Love with Calvin Trillin's Wife (holding out for the life on the page)
- No Regrets (the more public you become, the more private you must become)
- the action of saving or being saved (on writing as redemption)
- Hermaphroditic Chickens Everywhere (about fact-checking and what writing non-fiction really means)
- Addicted to Oral (on writing up and writing down people’s histories)
- I’m Not Dead Yet (sort of trying to finish a book)
- Pixie, my annoyingly reliable muse
- I Can’t Seem to Murder Anyone around Here (about wanting to write a mystery series)